Re: [foxboro] alarm_line for WindowsXP

  • From: "Jeremy Milum" <jmilum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:23:49 -0500

On 7/27/07, Doug Butterworth <doug.butterworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks.  Do you need to run in the Nutcracker shell?

I don't think I used Nutcracker for anything. I did have to install
cygwin on the development box in order to have gcc for compilation
(all other boxes that use the compiled apps only need the cygwin.dll
file).

> Also, if there are no header files for things like ipc.h, how do you tie into
> the IPC
> calls?

I copied over the foxboro specific header files from a Unix box to the
windows one

> Do you have any snippets of sample code that you can provide?

I couldn't find the notes I was looking for and I think the program I
was looking for may be on a CD somewhere at my house.... BUT then I
remembered that I worked on getting the "Set Master Timekeeper"
program ported over to Windows and had to get past these same issues.
You may want to take a look at the NT version of that program in the
Scripts section of the Cassandra site. It contains the full source
code and Makefile that I used to compile it. The IPC calls you will
need are probably not used in there, but the concepts should be
similar.

I don't have a windows box to test any of this on though.