Re: [foxboro] Using bit extensions in Foxdraw

  • From: "Cossitt, Howard" <howard.cossitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:52:25 -0400

Please allow me to add my 2 cents.
On a project in 2005, I have tested and verified that the behavior you
note below (Foxdraw is performing the action on the PAKCIN as a whole,
and not on an individual bit) is correct.
This was tested on FoxDraw V10, I/A V8.2 on a P92 w/s.
At the time, I had entered a CAR on the subject (CAR 1006559).
Subsequent testing and response from GPS (TAC) confirmed this.
By using B1 as a test bit, the bit extension seems to work because the
whole PAKCIN parameter evaluation goes from 1 to 0 and back to 1 when
toggling.
Your suggestion for a follow-up test would defeat this and prove the
theory.

Best regards,

Howard C. Cossitt
Technical Training Support Manager, IPS Training Center of Excellence
Invensys Process Systems
Phone: +1-514-421-8095
Fax: +1-514-421-8059