Re: [foxboro] Using bit extensions in Foxdraw

  • From: David Johnson <drjohn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:05:37 -0500

>You can connect a CIN block to the C:B.PACKCIN.B? and change colors in
>FoxView by connect to the CIN blocks CIN parameter and this will also
>give you alarming on the bit state.
>
>Regards,
>Dennis

Yeah, we know, and fortunately we already had everything setup to
alias bits to a set of CINs.  We did this primarily for the ability
to document what a bit actually was, and the alarming was a
bonus.  So this is nothing but a fairly minor annoyance at this
point.  But if I had a lot of displays connected to MCINs and had to
go to PAKINs on a conversion from an AB Gateway to the new FBM232
this becomes a real hassle.  It would cost to either duplicate blocks
(licensing and sizing), or re-do displays using bit states with the
bitmask.  It's another of the upgrade gotcha's that don't exactly
reward customer loyalty.

Regards,
David