Re: [foxboro] Upgrade PW(VENIX)

  • From: <Jack.Easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:05:28 -0500

Yes, you really need to upgrade everything except the FBM100s. Version
8.3 MESH supports FBM100s connected to FCP270s or ZCP270s, so you don't
have to upgrade those in most cases. The only reason I know to upgrade
FBM100s immediately is if you run the SOE package, as Foxboro Version
8.3 SOE software requires FBM200s.=20

Your reference to upgrading to Windows 92 boxes overlooks the fact that
the main upgrade improvement is in the CPs, not the workstations, so
upgrading your control stations is the main reason to upgrade. I did
notice you were using a PW, so the upgrade to a P92 will be very
noticeable also, it just wouldn't be useful without a control system
upgrade. However, it is possible to retain your old CPs on your old
NODEBUS via ATS connection to a new MESH P92.

Just Go MESH, it's the best thing since sliced bread and NO, I'm not a
Foxboro employee, just an old UNIX guy who's happy to see Windoze
finally work well.

Jack Easley
Jack.Easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx