[foxboro] RE : Upgrade PW(VENIX)

  • From: "Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:27:01 -0400

You need to check with your local Foxboro / Invensys rep to get the information
on what are your best options. Normally Foxboro will look at your present
installation and give you a plan to migrate that should ensure that you do not
have any surprises when the actual shutdown happens. Surprises that cause
down-time are very expensive.

Your CP's running V3.02.1 means that your are below Y2K software. If you go to
the latest IA software with support for CP10 and P92 you will have to reboot
your CP10's. You will likely need to eeprom upgrade your CP10's and FBM's and
this could result in some failures. Past entries at this (freelist) site
indicate that eerprom burn on older modules presents a very high risk for
module failure. You need a plan for replacement of modules.

If you had any programs that ran under Venix, such as the old report writer,
they will not run under WinXP so you could need to purchase additional
software.  If you made some custom Venix programs to meet specific requirement
of your plant, these programs will not run under WinXP and you could be looking
at a lot of time and perhaps purchase of a C compiler to get those programs
running under WinXP.

The old Historian does not run under WinXP so you might have to add an
AIM*Historian.

Terry
________________________________

De: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx de la part de nasrin kamali
Date: dim. 2007-07-22 03:05
À: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [foxboro] Upgrade PW(VENIX)

Hi to all!
   We have to migrate from our old I/A series DCS Foxboro system with: 3
 CP's(CP10), PW (over VENIX operating system, I/A series 3.0.2.1 software and
 Nodebus communication bus) and legacy FBM's (FBM01(6 modules), FBM03(7
 modules), FBM04(14 modules), FBM09(19 module ) and FBM12 (1 module)).
 Our company determines to upgrade this system workstation to a windows
 based system (P92 supported by windows).
   My question is: can we upgrade only workstation system to P92 and
 our software to version 7 or higher without upgrade CPs  and FBMs and
 our Nodebus communication bus?

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat