Re: [foxboro] Things to discuss....in person....over beer

  • From: sssmith1@xxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:14:43 -0500

Suggested topics of Discussion.
1) How to get GCS Foxboro to properly alert users and issue TAB' s (
Technical Advisory bulletins) when issues regarding potential hardware
flaws are found, and not have to scour through release notes for cryptic
descriptions.  Recent FBM 214 firmware release is a shinning example.
2) How Free list can be used to issue TAB's to fellow users, for serious
matters and flaws found, as we seem to be the main source of discovery and
exposition.  Foxboro never seems to be able to replicate, and they are
shelved accordingly.
My travel plans have not been settled yet, but still might attend.  Have
outage that I am supporting during the early part of the week.   As long
as the Cassandra fest is held off till Thursday, I should be good.   I had
submitted a topic for a user presentation in May, and did not hear
anything back until early September, at which time, I was told that I had
3 days to submit the Complete Paper and presentation.   I politely
declined.  I have turned my notes over to Woodward and Bernstein.

If I am not able to make it, Alejandro G might be able to shed light and
be your Infusion "Deep Throat" connection.

Winston Churchill quote of the day.
"Do not let spacious plans for a new world divert your energies from
saving what is left of the old."
( I think he was as secret  IA Unix platform user)

Sheldon Smith
Office:972-884-2843
Cell:   214-460-4073
EFax:   866-734-2905
Conf:  877-253-4307 #7082843
Mailto: sssmith1@xxxxxxx

"Johnson, David" <David.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/27/2010 01:09 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[foxboro] Things to discuss....in person....over beer

Sorry, I meant Siemens, not ABB.  I get all my European DCSs mixed up.

In addition the stuxnet worm/virus and its implications to us, what else
should be talk about?

Here are some of my ideas.

1) I am interested in what (if anything) you read.  I'd like to know what
books, blogs, RSS feeds, etc. you find helpful in doing your work.  So
tell me, even if you aren't coming so I can share them with the group.

2) Anything cool and innovative that you have done with your DCS that you
think we would be interested in.
Again, if you aren't coming, at least let us know about it, so we can
steal the idea.

3) Is it, "a user", or "an user"? Because "an user" sounds funny.
   A user perspective on InFusion.  What is fixed, and what is not up to
snuff.
   I need an actual InFusion user for this.  I've heard rumors they exist.
 Maybe Sheldon will be there.

4) Any geek tech that we should be aware of.

5) My expert insight and analysis on the direction of I/A.

So step up and make a difference.

Thanks,
David

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this message is private and confidential.
This information is intended only for  the individual or entity named
above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use, review, dissemination, distribution,
copying or action taken based on this message or its attachments, if any,
is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply email and delete or destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments.  Thank you.