Re: [foxboro] Testing with..BODE

  • From: "rys" <rys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:19:54 -0400

Thanks Alex,

Might have been related to a phone call I had with
Winston yesterday on this subject.  We have him here in Foxboro
today.

Useful to know that AIM*API can write to
"valstat" although I'm sure that I have to write to an unsecured
block input.  In which case I'd have to toggle the IOMOPT.
Still quite workable.

I did however try a few things with
setpars.  Cannot change IOM_ID as it is a "string".
But I did try to set the PERIOD=13 (50ms scan) and it would have worked
except my compound was at PERIOD=0 (100ms).  setpars made the change
to a CIN block, but the block took it without complaint.  I was
expecting INVALID PERIOD/PHASE.  The BPC is 100ms, but it happily
allowed a CIN block that thought is was at 50ms.  So I set PERIOD=100
and the CIN block finally went OOS.  Not sure what the scan time of
100 will be if Invensys ever gets there, but let us just assume 1
pico-second.

Thanks,

Rick Rys

On Thu, July 19, 2012 1:18 pm, Johnson, Alex P (IOM) wrote:
> I got a similar question from Winston Jenks.

If you want to write a program using AIM*API (not too hard) that
program
> can set the bits on the status word of the target
parameter, e.g., MEAS.
> The bits are:
>
> BAD
> OOS
> ACK
>
> There are two calls:
> an_write_valstat - for write (buffered) lists

am_write_value_status - for one-shot (unbuffered) values

> The manual is B0193YN.

From the banks of
the Guadelouple River and NOT on-line. :)

Regards,

> Alex Johnson
> Invensys
Operations Management