Re: [foxboro] Testing with..BODE

  • From: Ricardo Abech <abech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:14:01 -0300

This is a suggestion I believe it would work in your case for AIN only:

using OMSET set the KSCALE value to a large number. That will (based on BADOPT)
set he IOBAD bit to true. ex:

omset -v -f 1000 COMPOUND:BLOCK.KSCALE

This will put the block to OOS and BAD

Then just set it back to normal (ex: 1).

This will not work for CIN, but I believe it was worth to mention for the AINs.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Ricardo P. Abech
Chief Software Architect

LimeWare Company, Inc.
[USA phone]: (408) 786 5140
[USA mobile]: (832) 627 1221 NEW
[Brazil phone]: +55 51 3372 0104
[Brazil mobile]: +55 51 8192 9723
[email]: abech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[http://]: www.limewarecompany.com

On Jul 18, 2012, at 9:00 AM, rys wrote:

Dear esteemed list,

The applications that have been developed
on my projects are often using logic based on ..BODE to determine signal
quality.  We have logic like toggling to a fallback value or setting
the output of a calculation to BAD.  As these are bits in the value
parameter record they are not easily settable.  Only CALC(A)/LOGIC
blocks can set these directly.  In the past we wrote iccdrvr scripts
to:
    *Toggle IOMOPT to simulation mode,
    *Connect  .IN (CIN) or .MEAS (AIN) to a single
test CALCA block
    *Build the CALCA block to allow
BI's to set ..B, ..O, and ..E in BO01 and RO01.  No one I know has
ever figured out how to set ..D.
    *Build test
displays
    *Test the logic

*Reload the CP with the original SaveAll or maybe run an undo script.

What I want is a simpler method to do this for 1 IO block at a
time.  I only need to make ..BODE go TRUE (BAD) so setting any one of
these can work.  As we are testing with a cabinet that has all the
FBM's wired up and operational.  I was thinking that maybe I could
build a FoxView display where the user types in a C:B and clicks a
button.  The button launches a script that uses "getpars"
to obtain the IOM_ID of that C:B.  It then uses "setpars"
to write a new non-existent IOM_ID.  The resulting block then goes to
OOS,  I.e. sets the ..O bit.  Now I check the logic works
correctly.  A second button puts back the original IOM_ID to return
the C:B to the good state.

Has anyone ever built something like
this?

Rick Rys