Re: [foxboro] Silencing horns across the ATS

  • From: "Hicks, David" <david.hicks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:38:02 -0400

I was a little hesitant to reply back on this string due to the amount
of out of office replies that are returned.  The IT department is
probably looking for me now with a pitchfork and a noose.

I would suspect that amcmd "silence horns" is issued when the button on
the MK is pressed.  I would also suspect that this is what is NOT
getting across the ATS.  What you suggest seems plausible, but may have
a different argument, command, or structure on the v8.x side.  You could
test to determine if and how this would work, but I think that it is
going to require a little more than just a couple of lines of code.  A
script could also be used to issue the amcmd to each workstation in the
CAG, but with mixed OS workstations which is more work - the external
horn or the code, scripts, and maintenance.  I know that using the
external horn works because the contact is opened when silenced from any
workstation and this was the resolution that we used.  It was the
simplest method to provide a solution and the operators could actually
hear the audible.

Maybe someone else out there could shed additional light on the subject.
I need to get out of here as soon as I send this so the IT police won't
find me.

David Hicks
 =

I have not used an external horn before so this may sound stupid but...
Does the DO need to be wired to an actual horn? Can a script be written
in =

an IND that watches the DO and when it senses a true to false condition,

can the script issue a dmcmd horns command to silence the annunciator =

keyboard horn? (or something like that)

It is documented and as you are aware the common alarm group does not
function across an ATS between v8.x and v6.x/v7.x workstations.

What has been done to provide the same functionality is to add an
external horn to a DO.  You can then add the C:B.P to the horn.cfg file
on all of the workstations that were previously in the commgrp.cfg file
which silences the audible horn.  This is assuming that you have a DO
near your workstations to use or within wire range.  You would also need
to change the horn.cfg file so that no audible alarms are provided at
the GCIO.  Any alarm silence pushbutton on the MK will silence the
audible alarm.

David Hicks
 =3D

All knowing group,
We have both 8.3 XP P92s and WP51Ds 6.5.1 in our control room. The P92s
=3D

and Mesh have recently been added. All workstations have an annunciator
=3D

keyboard. All workstations are in the same common alarm group =3D

(commgrp.cfg). Our intention was that when the operator pressed the =3D

silence button on any annunciator, all horns would silence (as it did =3D

before the P92s). As it turns out, the ability to silence horns can not
=3D

done across the ATS. Has anyone found a solution?

 =3D

 =3D

to unsubscribe:
mailto:foxboro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3D3Dleave
 =3D

Confidentiality Notice:
attachment(s) =

=3D
to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s)
and =

=3D
may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you =

are=3D
 not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately,
delete =

a=3D
ll copies of this message and any attachment(s). Any other use of the =

E-Mai=3D
l by you is prohibited.

 =

 =

 =

 =

 =

 =

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachment(s) =