Re: [foxboro] Saab tank gauging interface

  • From: steve.shimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:07:45 -0400

Tim,

I have a similar setup, but I am using an FBM224 (Modbus).  When we first
setup the communication interface, we had problems with I/A reporting brief
hardware failures.  Long story short, the Saab side (TankMaster) was
reporting codes "06" occasionally, which means that it got the request for
information, but was too busy to respond right now.  This is a valid Modbus
reply code, but I/A was treating it as an error.  We installed (by chance)
a newer version of TankMaster and the problem disappeared.

I know this doesn't answer your question completely, but it may be
something similar...

Steve Shimp
Maintenance & Systems Engineer
ExxonMobil Paulsboro Lube Plant
phone: 856.224.5059      cell: 609.820.8501      fax: 856.224.5030
email:  steve.shimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx