Re: [foxboro] STOP_TIMER Function Failure to Stop the Timer

  • From: "Rick Mol" <Rick.Mol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:29:55 -0500

Mike,

I experienced this problem at a site about 4 years ago or so, if memory
serves.  It was a CP60 on the 6.x platform.  It happened twice within a few
weeks.  The timer was in a different compound, same CP, the same timer each
time.  There was no error message from the sequence block.
No real fix, but after some head scratching, I developed yet another I/A
superstition. I changed the sequence code and my subsequent code to write to
the TIMER.TIMRxR parameter, where x is 1-4.  Not sure if that was the fix,
but there have been no problems with timer start/stop since.

Regards,
Rick Mol
Coyote Technologies LLC
231.750.6348