Re: [foxboro] Remove autostart of legacy servers?

  • From: Kevin FitzGerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:09:47 +1300

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still using the AW as a remote collector, but no longer want it to
be a legacy server.

I don't have an ipname_for_r_servers file, but fetchdog and ipchisti are
still started on reboot, and dog.log is predictably large and full of
errors.

I could remove /opt/aim/ and /opt/windu and re-install the remote
collector and anything else using windu, but I'd prefer a less drastic
approach.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell
Carter Holt Harvey, Ltd.