Re: [foxboro] RE : FoxAPI issue.

  • From: "Ghiglione, Alessandro" <Alessandro.Ghiglione@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:06:03 +0100

Patrick,
* Batch read error messages are an old problem, WITHOUT impact on =
production.
* No concurrent switch of master/backup role occurs with the same =
frequency (once a month)
* Nodebus network and batch network are separated: each AW51 has 3 eth =
ports: nodebus, batch network and one dedicated to batch redundancy; =
RedCfg file is properly configured to avoid batch programs using =
nodebus.
* Read and Write delta new values were suggested by EMEA (in principle I =
had yr same doubts)
* after switching, new master collects the same read errors

Really, in the last 6 months we suffered nodebus comms failures, that =
made worse BatchSuite problems.
Cyano measurements on graphic displays froze the screen until DNBT =
reset...
Once we replaced DNBTs, some old CPs, copper node extension with fiber, =
then nodebus performance became acceptable.
On the contrary, BatchSuite hasn't got benefit from hardware changes, =
only the mentioned 3 software updates mitigates its problems.=20

Alessandro