Re: [foxboro] RE : FBM10 Communication Issue

  • From: "Ken Heywood" <kheywood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:04:26 -0400

So the question remains, how to use a spare FBM10 in another part of the =
plant when it won't communicate because it had been PROMed?

Current system version is 6.5.3 - should be the latest images.

Best Regards,=20
Ken Heywood=20
Process Control Services, Inc.

De: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx de la part de Ken Heywood
Date: mar. 2007-07-24 05:13
=C0: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [foxboro] FBM10 Communication Issue

I have a bunch of FBM10s that show communication failure on both A and B =
fieldbus. I am assured that these were working. However, in this system =
using a CP30, they fail. I do have one FBM from a different area that =
works, so I know the system is okay. Is it possible that these failing =
FBMs have a later EEPROM update that would make fieldbus communications =
fail on earlier systems?

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of =
the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain =
information that is CONFIDENTIAL, subject to copyright or constitutes a =
trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby =
notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this =
message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. =
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately =
by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages =
sent to and from PCS may be monitored.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free =
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive =
late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept =
responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this =
message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail =
transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy =
version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author =
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat

=20
=20
=20
=20

=20
This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the=20
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may=20
contain information that is CONFIDENTIAL, subject to copyright or
constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient=20
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or=20
distribution of this message, or files associated with this message,=20
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,=20
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting=20
it from your computer. Messages sent to and from PCS may be monitored.=20

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free=20
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive=20
late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept=20
responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this=20
message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail=20
transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy=20
version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author=20
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.