Re: [foxboro] Profibus module for A-B

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:24:11 -0400

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 04:25:22PM -0400, Jaime Claramunt R. (Inforsa) wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> Does anybody now something about WoodHead Profibus-DP modules for SLC500 or
> PLC5 ? I'm thinking for connecting to FBM223...
> http://www.woodhead.com/products/automation/networkinterface/plcbackplacemod
> ules/#2113
>
> Compared to Prosoft Modbus-RTU module used in same way, which one can
> perform "better" ?
> http://www.prosoft-technology.com/content/view/full/5629

We are  in the process of installing our first PLC5 -> ProSoft -> GBM224
interface. Historicaly we have user Integrator 30's. So fare we have
prototyped this using a test program on a PC to simulate the FBM224.

Based upon this, and the reading of the FB$224 docs. This looks like it
will be a huge preformance win over the older way. Modnus is pretty easy to
diagnose, on the wire, if necessary.

This looks very promising to us.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror