Re: [foxboro] PID SPT parameter connectable/setable

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P \(IPS\)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:17:40 -0500

I've never like the way the documentation is written. It's just confusing, but
it is a compromise made in order to provide a summary table.
There are four possibilities:

1) Getable - one shot get can return a value
2) Setable - one shot set can change a value
3) Connectable for read - change driven values can be returned as
   they occured on the scan period
4) Connectable for write - change driven values can be driven into
   the value and the value is secured against
   changes from any other source.

The SPT parameter is an output. Outputs cannot be connectable for write. The
SPT parameter may or may not be setable based on the state of the LR switch.
So, the correct and complete answer for SPT is:

1) Yes
2) Maybe depends on LR value
3) Yes
4) No