Re: [foxboro] P91 Annunciator Keyboard

  • From: "Lowell, Timothy" <TLowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:45:27 -0600

Shelby,

How do you get FoxPanels to co-exist with actual Annunciator Keyboards?
When I installed FoxPanels on the P92, the Annunciator Keyboard stopped
working.  I finally had to re-ghost the P92 to get rid of FoxPanels, and
then the P92 Annunciator Keyboard worked again.  In my experience with
these XP boxes, when you load FoxPanels, FoxPanels wants to run in
"software mode", rendering the hardware keyboards useless.  There is a
check box for switching from "software panels" to "hardware panels", but
it is checked for software panels and greyed out and you cannot uncheck
it.  None of this seems to be an issue with the Unix boxes in my
experience.  Those Annunciator Keyboards just work without much hassle.

"I have had times where no amount of editing of the AApan
file accomplished anything, but the configurator created a file that
worked."

That's pretty bad.  Someone should probably look into this at Invensys,
considering the AApan file is supposed to be a simple text file.  Sorry,
but this is driving me up the wall.

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
Tesoro Corporation