Re: [foxboro] Network

  • From: Troy L Brazell <tlbrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:43:49 -0600

Corey,
Here is what my ifconfig -a returns:
# ifconfig -a
lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1
      inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
hme0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
      inet 151.128.8.65 netmask ffff0000 broadcast 151.128.255.255
      ether 8:0:20:c3:da:c0
hme1: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3
      inet xx.xxx.xxx.xx netmask ff000000 broadcast 10.255.255.255
      ether 0:3:ba:31:6d:46
x ed out the IP address to keep the IT police from putting me in jail.
Notice that is does not have UP infront of BROADCAST. If I do ifconfig hme1
up it will have UP and will be on the LAN to get it on the WAN I have to
manually add the router.
Thanks
Troy

Troy L. Brazell
Duke Energy Field Services
Sr. Process Control Analyst
ISA CCST
Phone (405) 263 4810 ext. 24
Cell    (806) 898 4340

Okarche C&M
Route 4 P.O. Box 40
Okarche, OK. 73762

                      "Corey R Clingo"

                      <clingoc@basf-cor        To:       foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      p.com>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [foxboro] Network

                      foxboro-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      01/14/2005 08:33

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

Here's the ifconfig output on our AW51G at 7.1:

AW51G1:/># ifconfig -a
lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
eri0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
        inet aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd netmask ffff0000 broadcast aaa.bbb.ccc.255
        ether 0:3:ba:68:a8:24
hme0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3
        inet eee.fff.ggg.hhh netmask ffffff00 broadcast eee.fff.ggg.255
        ether 0:3:ba:68:a8:24

eri0 is the nodebus/RCNI interface.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corp.

Troy L Brazell <tlbrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/14/2005 05:12 PM
Please respond to foxboro

              To:  foxboro
              cc:
         Subject:       Re: [foxboro] Network

Machine has two instances of hme, 0 and 1 box has a card and port on the
motherboard. I will need the second port at sometime question is the
machine using hme0 for anything at this time?
Thanks
Troy

Troy L. Brazell
Duke Energy Field Services