Re: [foxboro] More Process Summary Reporter Quirks

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:10:04 -0500

Hmm...at least this is the first reason I've seen to set INHOPT to 1 or 3.
 Inhibit the alarm until you are ready to use it, and it doesn't show up
on any inhibited alarm reports.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Johnson, Alex P (IPS)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/21/2008 06:40 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] More Process Summary Reporter Quirks

Virgil,

I can't answer all of your questions, you need a PSR expert and I'm not
one. However,...

Re: As far as I know, Foxboro only uses the term Inhibited alarm, not
disabled alarm.
The I/A Series supports both alarm inhibition and alarm disable options.

An inhibited alarm will detect the alarm and set the alarm indication
status bits, but it will not send the message to any configured alarm
destinations.

A disabled alarm will not detect the alarm, will not set the alarm
indication status bits, and will not send a message to the configured
alarm destinations.

The difference between a disabled alarm and an un-configured alarm is
that the disable function is one that can be changed without using the
control configurator. If the alarm has never been configured, you must
use the control configurator to enable it. Whereas, if you configure it
and disable it, you can restore its operation at any time through your
HMI.

Make some sense?

Invensys Process Systems
10900 Equity Drive