Re: [foxboro] IACC questions

  • From: tom.vandewater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:12:19 -0500

Greg,
        It is good to ask this question from time to time.  We did a survey
of this question in August 2004 and not a single list user responded yes to
the question: "Anybody Using IACC?"

        This thread also begs the question:

Are Foxboro application group programmers, (COG, Pulp and Paper, Power,
etc..), still using ICC or FOXCAE to accomplish their control confuguration
tasks?

If the answer is "YES" then Foxboro may want to ask why "they" have choosen
not to use IACC.

        I placed this same question on the list in August and nobody from
Foxboro responded saying they were using it, so to date, we have no evidence
that it has ever really been used.  If someone out there is using it please
speak up.

The only response related to Foxboro using IACC internally came from Eric
Pedersen and is included below:

"A few months ago we finished a project to migrate a Westinghouse WDPF to
I/A.  At the kickoff meeting for the project the Invensys project team
asked us if we wanted the system built using the ICC or the new IACC. When
we answered the ICC, there was a very large sigh of relief from the
Invensys people.   We also decided against the 70 series hardware.
Everything else here is 51 series except for one AW70 that we had to
install for an OPC I/O gate.  We don't have a lot of problems with it
mainly because we don't touch it.  The off-platform Windows NT historian
server locks up at least once a month.  I miss the legacy historian.
Eric M. Pedersen
Procter & Gamble Paper Products Company
C&IS Engineering"

Tom VandeWater