Re: [foxboro] IACC Projects (was: IACC Projects)

  • From: eric.konings@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:50:12 +0100

I like to add some remarks on the issue IACC versus FoxCAE

Within our company Degussa, during the past years an internal standard was
developed, based on using FoxCAE.
It was called DCHI (Degussa Control and Human Interface standard)

It contained and described a complete set of Typicals, Defaults, Dataforms,
Propagation settings, user customized dynamo's and faceplates, ...
You can see it as a setup for FoxCAE, combined with a toolkit for
generating dynamic HMI - elements (automatic).

In a forward run to our first V8.0 / IACC projects (FAT finished) a lot of
work has been done to transfer this DCHI to an IACC version.
Former FoxCAE setup and auto generating toolkit for FoxDRAW elements our
now both integrated in the IACC setup.
Generating control code (automate building loops, as you called it) and
generating user customised dynamo's / faceplates goes in a similar way as
before, but this time with the tool IACC.
During the execution of this bulk generation we found out that IACC was
quite stable and robust.

We did this setup job once in relation to our first IACC project.  For the
following projects we started with an inport of our first project setup.

Comparing to FoxCAE the IACC V2.0 still has some deficiencies which we have
reported to Invensys ==> I can forward you this info, if you are
interested.

Eric Konings
Degussa Antwerpen N.V.

Tijsmanstunnel West
2040 ANTWERPEN / BELGIUM

E-mail: eric.konings@xxxxxxxxxxx

|         |           <jmowrey@bellsout|
|         |           h.net>           |
|         |           foxboro-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org      |
|         |           02/02/2005 11:57 |
|         |           foxboro          |

  |       To:       <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                |
  |       cc:
                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: [foxboro] IACC Projects (was: IACC Projects)

Alex:

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'd like to learn more about IACC.  We
have some large, stand alone projects coming up, and I'd like to see if it
can meet our needs.

Basically, what I'd like is to be pointed in the right direction in the
documentation, and to know if you can set up the equivalent of typicals,
tags and defaults to automate building loops as you can in FoxCAE.  Also,
is there any way to convert the FoxCAE engineering to IACC if you can do
something similar, or is this initially a manual task?  Finally, is there a
way to export the resulting defaults and typicals to another IACC project?

As always, your help is most appreciated.

Jim