Re: [foxboro] [I] Re: Wrting data from PI server to Foxboro IAS blocks, OPCInt <<==>> AIM OPC DA

  • From: "Liptock, Sheri A" <sliptock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:00:03 -0400

Leo, I write to IA 2 ways from OPC.

1.  Same as what Ted suggested:  from OPC server, use OPC-DA PI interface to
send (write) the instruments' values to a PI server.   Then PI server processes
(via ACE) these instruments' values.  Then PI server sends (writes) newly
calculated values via fxbais (which uses foxapi) to IA blocks (Booleans,
string, etc).

2.  From OPC server directly to IA RIN blocks using FDSI-FBM.

Since neither of these is exactly as you planned, do you want more info about
either?  Please let me know.