Re: [foxboro] How to permanently change the subnet and default gateway for 2nd ethernet port on AW51( B and F styles)

  • From: "QUEIROLO OLIVERA, IGNACIO ESTEBAN" <IQUEIROLOO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:35:08 -0200

Duc, I have seen several times the /etc/hosts and /etc/netmasks files
with no symbolic links to the /etc/inet/hosts and /etc/inet/netmasks
files.

That's why every time I need to do changes to these files I change the
files in the /etc directory. After that, I have the files in the /etc
directory with different information respect to the files in the
/etc/inet directory.

I checked the Sun docs and they say that the symbolic links is used for
compatibility with the BSD-based operating systems.

In my case, I have never had a problem because of this but I really want
to know why the symbolic links were broken.

Ignacio