Re: [foxboro] HLBL question

  • From: "Mike" <precision1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:09:42 -0600

Pat / Jerry,

We have had issues with the following code:

::PIDA.MA := FALSE ;
::PIDA.OUT := 0.0 ;

It may not happen every time the code executes; however, we found that if MA
is True then the object manager may not be able to set the PIDA mode to
False before executing the write to the OUT parameter. The example coding
below may not work in all cases; however, it works without any issues for
us.

::PIDA.MA := FALSE ;
WAIT UNTIL ::PIDA.MA = FALSE;
::PIDA.OUT := 0.0 ;

This method will insure that the controller is in the correct mode before
executing the next line of code. For us, it was more important to insure
that the controller is always in the correct mode before executing a write
to either a SP or OUT.

Mike Bardwell
DCS Analyst
Rubicon / Huntsman