Re: [foxboro] HLBL question

  • From: "Steinbrecher, Nick" <E.Steinbrecher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:58:27 -0500

One issue related to this topic is effect on system load of a statement
like

:COMP:BLOCK:MA := FALSE;

Our understanding is that this results in a broadcast across the system
even if  :COMP:BLOCK is in the same station.

Mr. Johnsons reply indicates that if the :COMP:BLOCK is in the same
station no broadcast is made and no load is put on the system outside
the CP.

Is my interpretation of Alexes response correct?

Us applications folks were being chastised for adding excess load on the
system with the extensive use of these kind of statements in  HLBL.