Re: [foxboro] Foxview Not Responding

  • From: martin.theobald@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 14:17:11 +0100

We had a Server 2008 H90 box with FoxView 10.3 which exhibited similar
problems.  The service team who built the box as part of an upgrade
project tried all sorts to resolve the problem including rebuilding from
scratch but without success.  Eventually they decided it must be a
hardware issue and temporally swapped out the box for a Server 2003 P91.
They tried to test the H90 back at the local TAC centre but it failed on
or shortly after arrival.
A replacement H90 box was ordered from the factory and this is currently
being tested in the local office where further hardware problems have been
identified.  I'll try and remember to post an update if and when we get
the H90 back...

The Windows 7 H92s we have running FoxView 10.3 have not (yet) exhibited
similar symptoms to those seen with the H90.

Regards,

Martin Theobald

Martin Theobald

eControl - Runcorn
INEOS Chlor Vinyls

M: +44 7767 87 1989
T: +44 1928 51 2044
F: +44 1928 51 6653

From:   "Putman, Robert" <Robert.Putman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:   31/05/2013 17:36
Subject:        [foxboro] Foxview Not Responding
Sent by:        foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have a newly installed Foxboro DCS running Version 8.8 I/A software and
Foxview Version 10.3 under Server 2008 on HP machines.
Since startup we have had several console lock up issues (on 4 different
consoles) where the only error is Foxview "Not Responding".  This has
happened on thin clients stations and on RGU stations.  Generally we are
able to logoff or restart and things come back up OK.  Yesterday I had to
power down and power up the server to get things working again.  So far,
system logs are not providing a wealth of information.

Has anyone else on the list seen something similar?  Any solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

________________________________

The information contained in this message and any attached files may be
privileged and/or confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please so notify the sender immediately without reading it. Also, please
promptly destroy the original transmission and its attachments. Any views
or opinions presented in this message or attachments are those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of KapStone Paper and
Packaging Corporation or its subsidiaries.

INEOS is a trade mark, the property of INEOS Capital Limited. The "Bubble
Logo", CERECLOR,  DX PLUS, MEFLEX, METHOKLONE, PERKLONE, SOLVE-CARE, TRIKLONE
and TRISEC are trade marks, the property of INEOS ChlorVinyls Limited.
CEREPLAS, DIRECT SALT, HYDROSOFT, LINDROX AND WHITEROX are trade marks, the
property of INEOS Enterprises Limited.  BICHLOR,  CHLORCOAT, FM and PEMcoat
are trade marks, the property of INEOS Technologies Limited.  EVIPOL is a trade
mark, the property of INEOS Vinyls UK Limited.