Re: [foxboro] Foxboro field bus access errors

  • From: "Dirk Pauwels" <dirkpauwels_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:08:45 +0000

We have exactly this problem on our CP60's. Lots of noise interference which
causes multiple bus errors and therefore a lot of bus switching. According
to Foxboro this is due to our coax connection. We've done everything
possible (except FO) to decrease the noise,(implemented the advise from
Invensys) but still the problem remains. Strangly enough it was Foxboro who
advised to change from twinax to coax when we upgraded from CP40 to CP60...
I'm trying to find the budget to change to fibre optic, but it's difficult
to defend such an expense when at first view (for management) everything
seems to be normal. It would have been easier to get the budget when we did
the upgrade to CP60.

Rgds,

Dirk Pauwels - DCS coordinator
Engineering dept.