Re: [foxboro] Foxboro I/A OPC - Security

  • From: steve.shimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:22:38 -0500

Andreas,

We have experience doing display building (DM) in Solaris with normal user
accounts.  The only things that needs to be changed or verified are the
actual file permissions.  We handle this by setting the display files as
writable by owner and group and set the appropriate user IDs in that group.
The only real problem is that some 'Foxboro' operations are not cognizant
of file permissions and the file permissions sometimes have to be reset.
Otherwise it works fine.

Steve Shimp
Maintenance & Systems Engineer
ExxonMobil Paulsboro Lube Plant
phone: 856.224.5059      cell: 609.820.8501      fax: 856.224.5030
email:  steve.shimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx