Re: [foxboro] FoxCom questions

  • From: "Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:21:15 -0500

Quay,
OSV (Output Span Variance) is a function of the AIN (or RIN) block and
defines the range in percent of span above or below the output limits
where the output is clamped.  It functions the same regardless of the
source of the AIN input signal. While the ECB for a Foxcom instrument
will read the full range available, the AIN will clamp based its
configured range.  A variety of options (ORAO, BADOPT, LASTGV) define
how the AIN block will respond to this condition.  See the AIN block
description in B0193AX for a complete discussion.  Note that Out of
Range, Error and Communication Status options and bits are also
available in the ECB - see also the ECB18 (IT2) description.

Tom Badura
Plastics Engineering Company
tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx