[foxboro] FoxCom questions

  • From: "Quay B. Finefrock" <qbfinefrock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:42:09 +0800

All,
I believe that I understand how to set OSV and the Fail High/Low setting on
NAMUR NE 43 instruments to generate an alarm on instrument failure but avoid
alarming when the instrument is in normal over/under range.  However, I am
not sure how OSV applies if the instrument is communicating via FoxCom.
Does the OSV setting still apply?  Is it the same as if the instrument is
communicating via 4-20mA analog signal?

Is transmitter failure otherwise communicated through FoxCom?  If so,
how/where is it flagged in the system?

Regards,

Quay

Quay B. Finefrock