Re: [foxboro] Feedback to Stan Brown

  • From: Neil Martin <neil_martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:20:43 -0600

Hi Alex,

Can you answer a few questions?

1.  When can we expect the release of 8.1?

2.  In a mixed CP270, CP40a, CP60 environment, at 8.1, can we have the AW70
host the CP270s, and the remaining CPs still hosted by an AW51 station?

Neil Martin,    P.E.
Huntsman Polymers Corporation
2505 South Grandview
Odessa, TX.  79766
ph) 432-640-8436
pager)432-742-4289
email page)4327424289@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Johnson, Alex

                      (Foxboro)"               To:       Stan Brown
<stanb@xxxxxxxxx>, foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      <ajohnson@Foxboro        cc:

                      .com>                    Subject:  [foxboro] Feedback to
Stan Brown
                      Sent by:

                      foxboro-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      01/11/05 11:19 PM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

Mesh - The Mesh network can be used with V4.3/6.1 and later systems - once
the ATS is released - to replace the CBLAN. It does require the purchase of
one AW70 to act as the ATS boot host and to run NFD and SysMon, but that
box
does not need to be used for anything else. Of course, the existing
AW/WP51s
can remain unchanged at their current level.

CP270s - If one extends the use of the AW70 mentioned above to hosting CPs,
you can use the CP270s with Solaris WPs at V4.3/6.1 and later as soon as
V8.1 is released.

If the "base" system is V6.4 or later, you can use the IACC to configure
the
CPs. You will not have to "touch" the AW70 during normal operations.

AIM*Historian has the ability to export data directly to Oracle today.

Invensys Process Systems
Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77043