Re: [foxboro] FW:AW51D Problem

  • From: "Heath, Graham" <graham.heath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:08:40 -0400

Kashif

I resolved as similar problem many years ago it was related to the method o=
f starting then remote display manager. This is an extract from the X termi=
nal installation guide on the thecassandra website. It refers to the start =
command in xstart on the exceed PC. The important thing is the 'exec' comma=
nd in my case it worked without this command but it sometimes left ghost pr=
ocesses and over time it eventually broke the AW. =

6. Use: exec /opt/ia/go_dm as the start command for the DM/Foxview(tm). Use=
 rlogin as the preferred connection method. Use the ia account provided wit=
h "remote" as the password.

Regards

Graham Heath
Invensys systems (UK) Ltd.