Re: [foxboro] FW:AW51D Problem

  • From: Kashif Ijaz <kashifijaz93@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:34:46 +0500

Dear All,

Following is the complete details of the system and the problem facing AW51D

On a power station, there are two AW51D installed with no WP. They are 27AW31
and 27AW32. They are running I/A series version 6.1.1 with Display Manager.
Both are having similar problems at a regular interval.

Sometimes they just go down on 'panic' signal and sometime their screen freezes
and even remotely we cannot log onto it. Also that machines starts showing 'Red
and Failed' in System Management accessed from the other running machine.

The solution to this is to reboot the machine. These machines were running fine
for two years and after that this problem started coming without any sort of
modification in the system.

Both machines are having Additional Display manager licenses and both are
accessed remotely through 'Exceed'. This station is unmanned and so the remote
operator controls the plant.

On site they are giving problem. When we removed one machine from site, and
tested it by powering on in our lab for 10 days, there are no hang ups or any
other problems. Mind you this machine was tested in a standalone mode without
connecting to Nodebus.

This led us to assume that something is relate to power problem but we have
changed power source in the site, still we are having problems.

The details of the 27AW32 machine is as follows and the other machine is
identical

AW51D
Fox P/N : P7560019F181
Style/Rev : EB
S/N : 14550040

Make : 1999.

It is having 64MB RAM and 8.6 GB Seagate Hard Disk, Processor speed is 360 MHz
and it is an 'UltraSparc II' machine.

I have checked the disk usage by 'df' command and there is abundance of free
space and there is no disk space issue.

The panic statements on the '/var/adm/messages' on both machines are as
described in attached 27aw31pa and 27aw32pa files.

The 'vmstat 10 10 ' commands details are given in 27awus and 27aw32us files.

The boxes are properly placed with no weight on them. The QF_INFO file for
27AW32 is in the attached file 27aw32qf.

Can anyone explain what is NVRAM and how can it contribute to such failure and
how to replace it.

This machine was supplied by Foxboro and no modification in hardware and
software have been done on it since it arrived.

When I give 'probe-scsi-all' and 'probe-ide' commands on ok prompt in
standalone mode no errors are reported.

The output on the 'mpstat 10 10' on both machines are 27aw31mp and 27aw32mp
files as attached. More over the /etc/hosts and /usr/fox/customer/hi/dmcfg
files are also attached for 27AW32.

Please read the details and in light of these give your solutions and
recommendations. If I need a new box then where can I find the AW51D. Also
comment.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kashif Ijaz
Senior Design & Application Engineer
INTECH Process Automation

Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_wlmailtextlink

-- Type: text/plain

-- Type: text/plain

-- Type: text/plain