Re: [foxboro] FCP270-FBM100

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:43:23 +0200

Hi Tom,
I'll test it using CIN, but as far as I know, both ofl and cin fail
together, but you never know.

We get these failure/recovery errors also, but only in one case relating
to one of the problem FBMs and never on the same time when the state alarm
occurs.

As far as i can see form the lists I pulled from this month, if the alarms
occur for one FBM, all points fail together, max a few sec diff in the
timestamps. We use 41/42, with 42 being an extender, so I would expect to
see this fail also, but  this is not always the case, sometimes we see the
42 fail seperately from the 41 and vice versa.

Thanks & Rgds,

Dirk

"Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
29/09/2010 14:58
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] FCP270-FBM100

Dirk,
We usually tie the DEVLM feedbacks directly to the CIN outputs of the
PLB block rather than feeding them to an OFL in ladder logic.  Don't
know if this would explain or solve your problem but if it works...

A few other thoughts.  Do you receive any sysmon log errors related to
these cards or FCM?  We do receive periodic failure / recovery type
errors logged on our ZCP270/FCM100E/FBM100 connections although I have
not (yet) noticed any functional problems.  Do all OFLs / connection
points on the FBM / PLB fail together or just random individual points?

Tom Badura
Plastics Engineering Company
tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx