Re: [foxboro] FCP vs. ZCP? (forked from: network storm)

  • From: "Bounds, Glen" <glen.bounds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:55:15 -0500

Actually, I disagree with Alex on the CP60 issue (sorry AJ). I would upgrade
CP10/CP30/CP40's with ZCP270's because you can reuse the existing FBI's.  If
you have CP60's installed with DCM's, I would go with FCP's because you have to
change some of the hardware anyway.

So my "rule of thumb" is if you have CP60's change to FCP's.  Earlier CP's
could stick with ZCP's.

Either way, you have to add FCM's or FBI100's and a baseplate, so space is an
issue for existing systems.

The problem is the same as always, there are always 15 different ways to
accomplish the same thing with this stuff.

YMMV,

Ex-customer, now verdor...

Glen Bounds
Technical Manager