Re: [foxboro] FBM 01 Connection issues

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:49:54 -0400

The English term  "direct current - (DC)" translates to French as "courant
continue" and to Spanish as "corriente continua" so one of those is the likely
meaning of "CC".

The FBM01 and the FBM201 are totally isolated so it is almost impossible to
damage them unless one connects 120 V or 250V directly onto ther terminals.

P is a positive voltage on the FBM that is totally isolated from ground and
other FBM channels. As Dale stated, it does not have much power being limited
to about 30 mA. You can connect the negative  to the negative of the FBM, again
because of the total isolation. If your external 24 V CC powers more than one
transmitter into many FBM01's you can connect the common negative of the power
supply to the negative of each FBM channel without any damage. Although you
have not shown the detail, you may need to give some security to the external
24V (redundant power supplies, diode protected) and a fuse with enough capacity
to drive your device and the 20 mA loop. This way a slip of a screw driver will
blow a fuse and not the whole power supply.

Terry