Re: [foxboro] Emergency Shutdown testing

  • From: "Pat Martens" <foxpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:18:17 +0100

Another approach could be to perform an individual I/O test for the loops
conserned just like you would do during a looptest/commissioning phase.
This would involve manual manipulation of the outputs concerned one by one.
You could then load your application in an offline system and use something
like VPlink to simulate motor/valve feedback signals.
This should prove that your application is ok.
Once you have your simpel process simulation available in (something like)
VPlink you can re-use it any time you want. Very handy if you did some
drastic changes to your applic. and you want to make sure you have not
changed anything you did not intend to change!

VPlink works o.k. for us for our I/A DCS and our SMS safety PLC's

Regards,

Patrick Martens
Total Raff. Ned. N.V.