Re: [foxboro] Daylight Savings Time thoughts

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:24:24 -0600

"I can't help but think that Benjamin Franklin is laughing at us every
time we go through the pain of transporting huge segments of the country
through time, without really going anywhere."

Or Einstein.  Doesn't that have something to do with relativity, or
something?

This all makes my brain hurt.  I think I'll head over to Sheen's place.

Corey

From:
"Johnson, David" <David.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
03/02/2011 07:52 AM
Subject:
[foxboro] Daylight Savings Time thoughts
Sent by:
foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's a pity clocks were invented so recently.  If this practice of "Hey
kids lets all move our clocks an hour backwards to mess with the
everyone's head" were invented in the pagan days, the biannual moving of
the clocks would have been accompanied by mass festivals, drunken
revelries, and an occasional witch burning.  Sadly this level of partying
is now reserved for Burning Man, Bonaroo, and a slow Tuesday night at
Charlie Sheen's house. I can't help but think that Benjamin Franklin is
laughing at us every time we go through the pain of transporting huge
segments of the country through time, without really going anywhere.

David