Re: [foxboro] CP Islanding

  • From: <dave.caldwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:49:33 -0400

Terry,

Thanks for the reply!

You asked:

Q: Do you have nodebus extenders in Node 05 or in Node 06? =20
A: I have no nodebus extenders in node 05, but am using NCNIs in node
06.

Q: Have you performed nodebus cable tests in SMDH while the "island"
exists?
A: I have performed a nodebus cable test while islanded, but to no
avail.

Q: Check all node cable connectors to ensure that they did not vibrate
loose.
A: I will go over the cabling this afternoon as you suggest.

Q: Did this site work great for a while and just start giving you a
problem
or has it always been a problem?
A: This has been a problem for quite a while. Oddly enough a reboot of
the AW seems to make it go away, and stay a way for a few weeks to
months. Moreover, we keep replacing copper with fiber in the CBLAN, and
the network reliability seems improved.

Thanks very much for the reply, hope my answers help clarify the issue.

Dave