Re: [foxboro] Best Alarm Package for Ver 8 MESH

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 17:20:39 -0600

Yes, that's it, sort of.  We usually see the first 2 characters of the
date/time stamp (i.e., "20" gone out of "2009") missing.  But it's not in
the CAD--well, it may be there too, but it's not one of my systems so I
don't know.  I actually see this in data returned using an ODBC query tool
against the AIM* database.  That said, if it's in the CAD too, it could be
a problem with the alarm subsystem not feeding AIM* the proper data.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Theobald, Martin" <martin.theobald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
02/02/2009 02:57 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] Best Alarm Package for Ver 8 MESH

Corey.

If by "operator action messages get garbled" you mean that the first two
characters of a number of the (AIM* table) fields are lost then this is
the subject of CAR 1008305 - the problem probably lies with the Current
Alarm Display and not the historian.  A QF has been available and has
been rolled into I/A ver. 8.4.2 .  Further information is available via
the Global Client Support website http://support.ips.invensys.com .

Regards,

Martin Theobald