Re: [foxboro] Backup Strategy - Win Servers

  • From: "Lowell, Timothy" <Timothy.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:41:48 -0500

Brian,

Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) is the way to go with the Windows
machines.  You can buy it from Invensys or get it off the shelf (cheaper that
way, obviously).  The P91 version is much more expensive than the P92 version,
but both are reasonable considering the time importance of the data and the
time savings from having to do all those tape backups.  You can use BESR over
the 3rd/4th Ethernet network to a master backup server, which is really nice.
I highly recommend it.  You can talk to Bill Juhr or Ed Larsen at Invensys for
help setting it up.

Tim Lowell
Tesoro Refining and Marketing Company
19100 Ridgewood Parkway