Re: [foxboro] Alternative to I/A printer

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:13:12 -0400

Good question. Wish I had the answer. :)

Alex Johnson
Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77043
713.722.2859 (office)
713.722.2700 (switchboard)
713.932.0222 (fax)
ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx
For the latest information on ArchestrA, go to
www.invensys.com/Archestra.html.

From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:55:27 -0400

One note about the packages that attach to the printer port. They cannot
pickup the alarm priority. This can be a problem for some applications,
e.g., alarm analysis.

Only a program written to receive the alarm message directly can get the
priority. AIM* is one such. Others may as well, but be aware of the
difference.

If you want to use a package like AMOplus to do alarm analysis, it will =
need
that information. The version of AMOplus that we sell can get the =
required
information from our alarm historians.

Hope this is useful.

From: Ajay_Tathgir@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:01:22 +0530

If you just do a search for "Time Synchronization" on google, that will
give you lots of tools, quite a number being shareware or freeware. As
Sylvain said time related service is already running on Unix boxes. And =
for
NT et al, you can use something known as AboutTime (this can act both as =
time server & time client), and another one is Dimension4. Both can be
easily searched through google.

Regards

Ajay Tathgir
Reliance Industries Limited
Mumbai - India

                                                                         =
                                                       =20
                      <MUGARTET@REPSOLY                                  =
                                                       =20
                      PF.COM>                  To:       =
<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                =20
                      Sent by:                 cc:       (bcc: Ajay =
Tathgir/PFY/PG/RIL)                                         =20
                      foxboro-bounce@fr        Subject:  [foxboro] Time =
Synchro                                                 =20
                      eelists.org                                        =
                                                       =20
                                                                         =
                                                       =20
                                                                         =
                                                       =20
                      29-04-2003 04:10                                   =
                                                       =20
                      PM                                                 =
                                                       =20
                      Please respond to                                  =
                                                       =20
                      foxboro                                            =
                                                       =20
                                                                         =
                                                       =20
                                                                         =
                                                       =20

Hi List,

Can anyone help me with a robust method for time synchronization of =3D
different DCS's? We are using OSI PI for historization of the whole =3D
complex, and have several IA nodes and ABB Advant DCN's. Right now every =
=3D
node/DCN has its own time but we would like to have them synchronized, =
=3D
and also with the PI server.
Any hint will be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Mart=3DEDn R. Ugarte
Control Avanzado y Sistemas
Refiner=3DEDa La Plata - RepsolYPF
* +54-221-4298310 ext. 28034
7 +54-221-4298310 ext. 28033
* <mailto:mugartet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

------------------------------

From: gop@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:23:26 +0530 (IST)

Try iMAC . One of the best packages to replace upto
8 printers with one PC.  Network capable . Server/Client architecture. =
Assign alarm priorities . trigger e-mail,paging
voice mail etc. automatic archiving/printing .Extensive alarm frequency =
analysis and more over, web enabled to have real-time reports on the =
intranet.

http://www.ics-ltd.co.uk

Regards,
GOPAN G. NAIR

ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote

From: Buch_Y_P@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:43:05 +0530

Following software are available which can be used to   hook up  any
Personal computer  directly to COM 10 .

 AAA:

 "Imac" from Industrial Control Software .
   Industrial Control Software Limited
   Riber House
   81Dale Road
   Matlok
   Derbyshire
   DE4 #LU
   EnglandUnited Kingdom
   Tel:     +44(O) 1629 580886
   FAX: )   +44(O) 1629 582104 E mail : info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Website : http://www.ics-ltd.co.UK

BBB

The other program vendor is ..
   LOGMATE  from Tips Incorporated
   2402 Williams Drive,
   Georgetown,Texas 78628
   Voice: 512-863-3653
   Fax: 512-863-5392
   Email: tips@xxxxxxxxxxx
   Website: WWW.tipsweb.com

 This programs also  have varieties of features such as Alarm servers,
frequency and statistical analysis
  The alarms can be stored unto the disk capacity !

 We are using Imac software  for our  entire Refinery complex.

Yagnesh P Buch
 Reliance Industries Limited,
 Refinery Division,
 Jamnagar, Gujarat , India
 Phone: 91-288-295340
FAX: 91-288295296
 Reliance India Mobile : 91- 288-3101305

"Balmer, Robert D." <rbalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on =
04/30/20=3D
03
12:20:20 AM

Please respond to foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:     (bcc: Buch Y P/JAMNAGAR/RIL)

I use Visual Alert from 2TSI software.  Primarily  because it is very
reasonable in price.  It doesn't have any bell and whistles, but good
economical collector of alarms.  And no more tons of printer paper.
Robert Balmer
Application Analyst/Programmer

In the past, we have used a software program (PC Hawk) to capture I/A
alarms
for long term storage, rather than a printer.  Are there any =
alternativ=3D
es
being used by others with I/A other than this particular program?

Stan M. Ruth, P.E.
Process Control Engineer
Huntsman Performance Products
Phone: (409) 723-3966
Pager: (409) 727-0300 - 966
Fax: (409) 724-4650
E-mail: stan_ruth@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Process=3D

Systems (formerly The Foxboro Company). Use the info you obtain here =
at=3D

your
own risks. Read http://www.thecassandraproject.org/disclaimer.html

foxboro mailing list:             =
//www.freelists.org/list/foxboro=3D

to subscribe:         =
mailto:foxboro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3D3Djo=3D
in
to unsubscribe:      =
mailto:foxboro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3D3Dlea=3D
ve

This message (including attachments) is for the designated recipient =
on=3D
ly
and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received =
thi=3D
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
original. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Este mensaje (incluyendo los archivos adjuntos) est=3DE1 dirigido =
s=3DF3lo =3D
al
receptor se=3DF1alado y puede contener informaci=3DF3n de car=3DE1cter =
privil=3D
egiada,
privada o confidencial. Si usted no es el receptor se=3DF1alado o bien =
ha=3D

recibido este mensaje por error, por favor notifique inmediatamente al
remitente y elimine el mensaje original. Cualquier otro uso de este =
men=3D
saje
de correo electr=3DF3nico est=3DE1 prohibido.

http://www.thecassandraproject.org/disclaimer.html=3D