Re: [foxboro] Alarm Clearing

  • From: "Putman, Robert" <Robert.Putman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:20:02 +0000

Chris,

If you are interested in inhibiting all alarms in a particular compound for the
period of the outage, I think you can tie a bit (like a motor running status)
to the CINHIB parameter in a compound block.  You have to be sure that you want
all the alarms in that compound to be inhibited.  When the critical motor
restarts the alarms start working again.  You can also tie a manual inhibit
(from a display) to the CINHIB parameter but use "Caution Will Robinson".

Thanks,
Bob