Re: [foxboro] AIm Version 3.1 backups

  • From: "Cossitt, Howard" <howard.cossitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:14:12 -0500

I believe that your answer lies with use of the auto-archiver.
It does not require additional licensing and I am quite certain was included
with AIM*3.1.
It can even be used to tar your archived data to tapes as you have an
additional command line field that is user selectable and which executes
after the archiving operation.
To bring the data back can be preformed through its sister tool the manual
archiver.
To help you in your endeavors, a better description than mine lies in
B0193YL, AIM*Historian(tm) User's Guide; section 4, Database management.
I hope this proves to be helpful.

Howard C. Cossitt
National Training Coordinator, Lifetime Learning Center
Invensys Systems Canada
Phone: +1-514-421-8095
Fax: +1-514-421-8059
Email:  howard.cossitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx