Re: [foxboro] ACCUM block OUT parameter and omget

  • From: steve.shimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:20:03 -0400

Corey,

According to B0193AX, Rev. K, "... the block saves the running accumulator
in extended precision format to minimize truncation errors.  However, the
block stores the output (OUT) as a single precision float of 7-digit
resolution with a maximum value of 8,192,000 (8192 K) and a
user-specifiable range."

I was just reviewing the specs of the ACCUM block for a small project I'm
involved with.

Steve Shimp
Senior Systems Analyst
ExxonMobil Paulsboro Lube Plant
Phone:  856-224-5059
Cell:  609-820-8501
Fax:  856-224-5030
Email:  steve.shimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    Corey R Clingo

                    <clingoc@basf-corp      To:     foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    .com>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                Subject:     [foxboro] ACCUM block
OUT parameter and
                    foxboro-bounce@fre        omget

                    elists.org

                    06/03/02 01:43 PM

                    Please respond to

                    foxboro

Hello all,

I am trying to do away with Lotus 1-2-3 on our system, because it is an
unsupported product and seems to break every time we do an upgrade.  We use
it to generate a simple production report, and I have prototyped a script
that provides the same functionality, except for one thing.

Most of the values in the report are ACCUM block OUT parameters (flow
totals).  On the detail display, the OUT parameter appears to be a long
int; there's a decimal, but the decimal part is always .0, and there can be
10-12 digits in the whole part.  However, doing an omget from the command
line returns a float in exponential notation, with only 6 or 7 digits of
precision.  The "omget" functionality in the Lotus add-in returns all 10 or
12 digits.

So my questions are these:  what is the data type of the ACCUM block's OUT
parameter?  Is there any way to get this parameter from a shell/awk script
with full precision?

TIA,

Corey Clingo
Sr. Engineer