[foxboro] alarm time stamp issue

  • From: Ainuddin Ali <ainuddin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:46:32 +0800

hi list
we're on IA 7.1.1 windows. so we've no SOE feature. only alarm is displayed.
we're in the midst of troubleshooting why our main cooling water pump
tripped.

when we go through the alarm historian.. we've 2 alarms triggered at same
timestamp

21-feb-10 21:12:05 - LUBE WTR PUMP TRIPPED
21-feb-10 21:12:05 - LUBE WTR PUMP LOW DP

how shld we treat the alarm list since both having same timestamp. does IA
system works on "polling" method or "exception" method? shld we assume the
pump tripped first then subsequently low DP alarm triggered? in the logics
the pump can trip due to low DP. so we are puzzled which 1 comes first.