[foxboro] Web viewing of FV displays (was:Infusion with I/A series DCS)

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:32:34 -0600

Ales,

That's pretty impressive, at least for the display provided.  We don't
have a need at the moment, as we've "upgraded" by staying on Solaris and
DM <g>, but I bookmarked the ami.si site for future reference.  It seems
to work on Firefox, too.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Ales Vaupotic" <ales.vaupotic@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/22/2008 04:08 AM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] Infusion with I/A series DCS

Kevin,
we talked about this three years ago. Remoting is possible via a dedicated
Web server, an interface app to I/A and a Web application which delivers
data to your desktop. Simple IE works without ANY additional plugin,
ActiveX
or whatever extension. Enable JavaScript and you are done from anywhere in
the world. I have done three by now, all being read-only operations as
requested by the client. The only limit as to how many users are viewing
the
screens is capacity of the web server and link it is on. Check out this
demo
from times when no one knew what AJAX is and what it will evolve to:

http://193.77.238.179:8080/

Been a while since my last post here so greetings again, everyone!

BR,
Ales