[foxboro] SAMA and Integrated Control Blocks...

  • From: "Stephen Ziegler" <stephen.m.ziegler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:28:27 -0500

Hello all,
 I have been working with Foxboro logic for a few days now. I come from a
Siemens background (TXP) and the notation is somewhat similar.

However, I do have one question. After looking through the documentation (in
particular, the integrated control block descriptions), I am still not sure
how a block would appear on a logic diagram. For instance, I have several
functional diagrams for valves and instrumentation within a power plant. I
understand and can follow the logic, but it is all standard SAMA notation,
however one of my colleagues refers to whole diagram as a CALCA block. So am
I to assume that this diagram is literally showing the logic within the
CALCA block itself? How can one tell that this is a CALCA block just by
looking at the SAMA?

Reading through the I/A docs, I understand what's going on in these blocks.
Essentially it looks like assembly language within the block acting on
inputs and outputs.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Regards,
Steve