[foxboro] Retrieving String Values with AIM*API

  • From: "Klebba, Daniel" <Daniel.Klebba@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:14:49 -0700

We are wondering if anyone has experience using AIM*API with Visual
Studio 6.0 to talk to AIM*Historian in the C language.  We are running
an off-platform historian on a Windows 2000 box.  We can use the
an_hist_values() function or Fh_FdbGetValues() function to retrieve
floating point values from the database.  However, we can't seem to find
a function to read string values.  Clearly it can be done using the
Excel interface or OLEDB, but what about function calls from the C
language?  Thanks for any help you can give.

Daniel Klebba
ATK Thiokol