[foxboro] MAC Resets in Single?

  • From: Barry Heap <Barry.Heap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 00:29:08 +1100

Hi there,

I have a site that has a few CP40B's all Fault tolerant ...

One of the CP's has been counting up MAC Resets in large numbers .. some
days up to 30 a day ...

None of the CP's in the same nest or other nests are exhibiting this
behaviour.

There are no system messages, no PIO erros .. nothing obvious.

The CP has been Inited and reloaded, CP hardware swapped out,
Z-connector changed, nest slots changed ... and the real kicker - we
decided to run it single and the MAC Reset counter is still incrementing.

Maybe I am missing something .. but I didn't think MAC Resets occurred
unless you had a Fault Tolerant pair trying to remarry .. (maybe it's to
do with the CP being configured as FT?).

Anyway, any ides on what we can check to chase down the MAC Resets?

Thanks,

Barry Heap